If you consider yourself to have leadership qualities, you could be eligible for a Community Trust of Southland (CTOS) Leadership Scholarship. Read on to find out whether you may qualify.
We offer leadership scholarships to support the professional development of people involved in the non profit sector - whether emerging or existing leaders.
You will need to:
- be a New Zealand citizen or hold New Zealand permanent residency;
- be currently residing in the CTOS' area and have done so for no less than three years;
- be significantly involved in as a volunteer or working in a:
- Iwi/Maori organisation,
- Not for profit organisation.
- Community organisation,
- have some leadership experience and be either an emerging leader or a mid-career leader;
- have the support of your organisation e.g. Manager, CEO, Executive Committee or Governance Board.
- show evidence of your:
- personal character and capacity for leadership;
- accomplishments, commitment and motivation to the community and its not-for-profit sector;
- community involvement in the CTOS area e.g. membership of external organisations, committees or boards.
- Leadership scholarships will not be available to:
- CTOS trustees and/or staff and/or their immediate families (immediate families includes: partners, parents, children, step children, grandchildren, grandparents, and siblings) due to a perceived conflict of interest.
- Those already participating in a leadership related programme.
- Those applying as an employee or councillor of local government, or as an employee of a central government department/agency (including schools and school boards).
- Those applying as part of a Service Club or For Profit organisation.
- Those from outside the CTOS area.
- Those under the age of 15 years.
- Only one application will be considered from an organisation within a 12 month period.
- Individuals will only be eligible for one Leadership Scholarship within a 12 month period.
- As of 1 April 2013 a life time maximum of five Leadership Scholarships will be awarded per individual.
- Leadership Scholarships will not be available to those who:
When To Apply
We accept Leadership Scholarship applications throughout the year and it will take up to 6 weeks for a decision to be made.
How to Apply
From 1 April 2015 all CTOS scholarship applications and accountability will be made through our new online system. Paper based applications will no longer be accepted.
In order to introduce these changes, from 1 March 2015 our paperbased forms are no longer available and we will only begin accepting online applications via our applicant website from 1 April 2015.
Value of Scholarships
The scholarship value is at the discretion of Trustees and is dependent upon, but not limited to; the number of applications, nature of applications, costs involved and funding available.
Payment & Tax
Payment will be made directly to the insitute or organisation where the study, course or activity is taking place.
Applicants are advised to obtain independent advice regarding any taxation, benefit, student loan adn student allowance implications of receiving a scholarship.
Cancellation of a Scholarship
A scholarship may be revoked and Trustees may require part or all of a scholarship paid to be refunded if a recipient:
- brings the scholarship programme into dispute;
- has breached the conditions of the scholarship; or
- does not commence and/or withdraws at anytime from the activity for which the scholarship was approved.
Need to Know More or If You Have Any Questions
Please contact our Scholarship Advisor on 0800 500 185 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Read our full Leadership Scholarship Policy here