If you consider yourself to have leadership qualities, you could be eligible for a Community Trust of Southland (CTOS) Leadership Scholarship. Read on to find out whether you may qualify.
We offer leadership scholarships to support the professional development of people involved in the non profit sector - whether emerging or existing leaders.
Applicants need to:
- Be a New Zealand citizen or permanent resident.
- Be currently residing in the CTOS' area and have done so for three years or more;
- Be working for or significantly involved in a:
- Community organisation,
- Iwi/Maori organisation,
- Not for profit organisation.
- Have some leadership experience and be either an emerging leader or a mid-career leader;
- Have the support of your organisation e.g. Manager, CEO, Executive Committee or Governance Board.
- Show evidence of your:
- personal character and capacity for leadership;
- accomplishments, commitment and motivation to the community and its not-for-profit sector;
- community involvement in the CTOS area e.g. membership of external organisations, committees or boards.
Who Can't Apply
- People who are applying as an employee or councillor of local government, or as an employee of a central government department/agency (including schools and school boards).
- People applying as part of a Service Club or For Profit organisation
- People under th age of 15 years.
- People from outside the CTOS area.
- CTOS trustees, staff and their immediate families (immediate families includes: partners, parents, children, step children, grandchildren, grandparents, and siblings).
- Only one application will be considered from an organisation within a 12 month period.
- Individuals will only be eligible for one Leadership Scholarship within a 12 month period.
- Scholarships cannot be applied for retrospecitively i.e. projects/activiites that have already been undertaken or commenced.
- A life time maximum of five Leadership Scholarships can be awarded.
When To Apply
We accept Leadership Scholarship applications throughout the year and it takes up to 6 weeks for a decision to be made.
How to Apply
All applications need to be made online - click here to apply
Value of Scholarships
The scholarship value is at the discretion of Trustees and is dependent upon, but not limited to; the number of applications, nature of applications, costs involved and funding available.
Payment & Tax
Payment will be made directly to the insitute or organisation where the study, course or activity is taking place.
Applicants are advised to obtain independent advice regarding any taxation, benefit, student loan adn student allowance implications of receiving a scholarship.
Cancellation of a Scholarship
A scholarship may be revoked and Trustees may require part or all of a scholarship paid to be refunded if a recipient:
- brings the scholarship programme into dispute;
- has breached the conditions of the scholarship; or
- does not commence and/or withdraws at anytime from the activity for which the scholarship was approved.
Need to Know More or If You Have Any Questions
Please contact our Scholarship Advisor on 0800 500 185 or email firstname.lastname@example.org